Response is looking for a new administrative assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have fluent conversational Spanish and English. To apply, please submit your resume and a letter explaining your related job experience and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further questions you can call our office at 920-5357.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Supervisor: Executive Director
Regular Weekly Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week, 9am- 5pm
Job Summary: The administrative assistant is responsible for supporting Response’s executive director and the program services and mission of Response.
1. General Office:
· Performs the full range of administrative duties for the executive director and office, including office management, maintaining office supplies and equipment, maintenance of databases and overall responsibility for records management. Answers incoming calls; greets and assists visitors; opens and distributes mail; develops and documents standard office procedures for all aspects of the administrative duties assigned.
· Monitors and maintains the organizational insurance policies. Maintains agency files, ensures payment requests are submitted to the executive director, processes reports and renewals.
· Works with vendors and other agencies to ensure the highest level of service.
2. Finance and Budget:
· Assists the executive director and book keeper with recording transactions and financial records management.
· Prepares bank deposits, records and pays bills, creates invoices, collects and tracks credit card receipts and ensures all receipts are entered and match monthly statement, prepares checks for reimbursements through QuickBooks. Works closely with Response offsite bookkeeper, assuring consistency and accuracy of financial records and reports.
· Communicating with volunteer advocates with updates, scheduling and other notices to ensure that crisis helpline is adequately staff and volunteers have the information they need to do their job effectively.
· Manage crisis helpline sign-ups for volunteers and part time back up staff.
· Maintains volunteer and back up staff records and individual hours.
· Manage interested volunteers for events, outreach and other opportunities.
4. Fundraising and Outreach
· Maintains Response website and social media outlets with accurate and timely postings.
· Maintenance of donor database and email list for fundraising and outreach efforts.
· Entering and acknowledging all contributions in appropriate database and QuickBooks.
· Provide logistical support for all Response events.
· Works with executive director to create email and print newsletters on a regular basis.
Two years of professional work experience in office organization, administration and operations. Excellent computer skills including QuickBooks, email, social media, word processing, spreadsheets, and other databases. At a minimum, a qualified applicant must be conversationally fluent in Spanish. The position requires a professional office manner, the ability to respect organizational confidentiality, flexibility to adapt to changing work experiences, excellent project management skills and a calm demeanor when dealing with people in crisis.
General Physical Requirements:
Hearing and vision corrected to normal ranges; must be able to work in high-stress situations; must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds; must be able to use the telephone and able to function in an office environment, including operation of office equipment.